We say "Akwaaba" to our new mission leaders, President and Sister Anderson!
Good morning friends and family, we are feeling like our time here in northern Ghana is coming to an end. This is heart wrenching for both Elder Fuell and I, but we are so excited to return to our homeland of the dear USA. We have learned many valuable lessons while serving here, but in the end I am excited to be amongst my old friends and family and to have reliable electricity, water and internet. I think it might be nice to have different seasons again too. Although, I am slightly afraid I will freeze to death this winter. I figure if I could adjust to this place then most certainly I can adjust back.
Here are the Anderson's getting off the airplane in Sunyani. They are young and ready for the challenge
They have included us in on many meetings to orient themselves to our new mission. It has been fun to watch the Lord guide them in their new assignments
They are hard working! Elder Fuell and I really like their pace! We stand ready to serve them in anyway to make their transition pleasant (Sister Bullock, Sister Anderson, President Anderson)
This is a road we traveled out to check on a construction of a borehole. We celebrated the new mission President and then hit the road soon after to make sure our boreholes are coming along nicely
It is coming along nicely and we think we will have a handover hopefully around the last week of August when our family(brother, sister and spouses) come to visit.
While visiting the borehole we met these lovely ladies and a young man. Notice they have their jugs waiting for the borehole to open for them. They could not speak English, but they were able to express their appreciation to us for giving them this gift. We always try to speak a little Twi small small and they speak Borofo (English) small small and we somehow communicate.
This is the former branch president of Berekum. His wife passed away about a month ago and this was his first day back to church. Notice he is wearing traditional funeral wear to show his mourning. Also the females members of his family dressed in their funeral cloths and gathered around him to support him as he bore his testimony. It was very touching. I love how the Ghanaian's love and support each other. They truly love as the Savior loves.
Now and then I see goats and sheep doing funny things and I have to document it. They have eaten all the low greens so now they have to stretch to eat these bushes.
How would you like to attend the Humpty Dumpty school? The names of things crack me up sometimes.
We have been telling you about our friend Akuragu Francis. He spent an entire year preparing for his mission and then had to come home after the MTC to get a hernia operation done. It has been a hard go for him, but he has taught me a lot about patience and long suffering. He is being set apart tonight to return to his mission. Elder Fuell and I had to stay on top of things to make sure he didn't fall through the cracks of missions splitting. We made sure he is returning and ready to go. We know he will be a great missionary and we hope to cross paths again some day.
Also, We have made another dear friend by the name of Julius Gyamfi. The missionaries tracked him out and introduced him to us. Julius woke up one morning and was sad to find out that his legs no longer worked. We are not sure, but I wonder if he contracted Polio. When he could no longer attend school he began to read plenty. He read the entire Book of Mormon and The Doctrine and Covenants and all of "Come Follow Me"(The Sunday School study lessons). He wanted to be baptized, but didn't have a way to get to church. The missionaries came and carried him to church. His Father was so touched by their service that he took the missionary discussions and was able to overcome obstacles such as drinking alcohol and became baptized. All of his family are baptized now, including his Grandfather who happens to be the Chief of Chiraa. They make sure he gets to church now. The miracle is: through his faith in Jesus Christ and his sheer will he is now walking again. This is truly a miracle. He believes it is because the Lord has blessed him because of his baptism. I know that one is true.
![]() |
| This is Julius Gyamfi |
Now, Elder Fuell and I are trying to help him sign up for BYU pathways. If he can receive a lap top, he might be able to receive an education and find an online job. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has truly blessed Julius and his family and has taken them to places they have only dreamed of. It has been such an honor to know him. When I am with him I feel I am in the presence of greatness. We have learned that if you have an old laptop that you would like to donate, BYU pathways will take it, fix it up and donate it to people like Julius. Something as simple as that can change lives in Northern Ghana.
Sometimes I wonder how we can leave our friends here, but I know that they are in the Lord's hands and as long as they are trying to be faithful he will continue to bless them in all that they do that is good. I also know that some will be inspired to serve a senior mission and they will pick up where we have left off. The Lord's work rolls forward.
Thank you all for your love and support of us being out here and fulfilling a goal of serving a senior couples mission. We will never be the same, but I hope you feel we have changed for the good. We are still the same old Brenda and Louie. I just feel like I have gained a new perspective and a greater understanding of how all this works.
We love and miss you all and are looking forward to reuniting soon.
Elder and Sister Fuell
PS, we finally received our generator. It was an exciting day. Its not hooked up yet, but it will be soon.
![]() |
| July 10, 2026 |











Comments
Post a Comment