A Shiny New Mission
Good afternoon friends and family, I hope you are all well!
This last week has been very emotional as we have had to say goodbye to our dear friends, President and Sister Boateng. President Boateng has been our ecclesiastical leader for the last 19 months. We do not have to say goodbye completely though because we are humanitarian missionaries and we will still need to go to Kumasi now and then. Sadly we will not have as much to do with one another in the work.
They are great people who taught us many Christ like attributes. May God continue to bless you in all aspects of life.
Amazing Senior couples in our mission
The wonderful Sunyani zone
President and Sister Boateng saying goodbye to 70 of his missionaries who will start the new Sunyani mission this week!
It had jokingly got around that if you were going to change to the Sunyani mission, the President and Sister Boateng didn't love you. Sister Boateng set the record straight. She told us all that she loved us very much and felt like she was loosing some of her dear children.
It has been a busy time getting everything ready for the new Mission Leaders, President and Sister Anderson. They are on a long flight as I type this and should land in Accra maybe sometime tonight. As sad as we are to lose the Boatengs we are equally as happy to welcome the Anderson's! It is a strange cocktail of emotions. We have been the only couple in Sunyani and now we will also welcome the Anderson's and the Bullock's. The Bullock's are our new office couple. We became fast friends this last weekend as we drove to Kumasi to do dinner with them and the Frazier's. They will shine!
We just feel like we got busier with all the new goings on, but also were given 3 more humanitarian projects that we will do as much as we can on until October for when we go home. I was also asked to be an MDA (mission dental advisor over 4 missions). These missions are: Ghana Kumasi, Ghana Sunyani, Ghana Accra South and a mission in Nigeria that I forget the name. I get to attend health councils and answer dental questions. The Dentist has to send me the x-ray and I have to look at it and okay treatment. I also had to learn the churches protocol on what they will pay for. In the end, we collaborate and come up with a nice treatment plan that will be in the best interest for the missionary. I thought I received my education to be a help meet to my husband. In the end I feel like it is to serve the missionaries in Africa. This is why. I have really enjoyed this. To all of my friends who are not members of my church, please understand that we do not get paid. In fact we pay to be here. True service
We love being a senior missionary couple! It is the Lord's retirement plan for us because we are his consecrated servants. We are only coming home because we love our family as much as we love the Lord. We want to give equal time to them. This is a short post this month.
I know this is the true restored gospel of Jesus Christ. He lives! The evidence of that is his empty tomb. He atoned for the sins and disappointments of this fallen world and because of him we can return to our Heavenly home again. Once again he lives. The Savior is leading out his missionaries. What great young adults they are and it is our privilege to be around that much energy and positivity. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. He saw God the Father and Jesus Christ as two separate beings in the Bush and we learned so much from that interaction. One of my favorite things I have learned from this story is that God the Father hears and answers prayers. If we listen close we can hear him. Joseph sealed his testimony with his own blood. Prophet Oaks is a Prophet, Seer and Revelator. He can warn us of things to come and he is the Saviors mouth piece. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. There is great power in that book. It contains the fulness of the Gospel. All of it is in there. It does not replace the bible, but is a powerful testimony that Jesus Christ loves all of us. Yes, this gospel asks us to live a higher law. I have not missed out on a thing by doing my best to live this law. This is true. All of it. I say this in the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Amen.
We have been plenty busy, but it has been stuff like hauling student mattresses with zone leaders, buying treats for the new couple and president who are coming and acknowledging birthdays for missionaries. No wahala (worry's). We are staying busy. We thank you all for your prayers and support! We send our love to each of you!
Elder and Sister Fuell




Love your blog. I don't know if you were aware that Paul Glauser passed away. I am moving forward and enjoying working in the temple. It is a place of peace and comfort.
ReplyDelete